Weekend R&R

After a week of seventeen workshops and convocations, I was kinda tired so I slept in on Saturday! Got up and headed to downtown Manhattan to kill time until my show that evening. Anyone who knows me is probably aware of my geographical challenges, so I was pretty proud of my navigating without getting hopelessly lost! I had never seen a show at Lincoln Center, and it was a great setting for CAMELOT, a show I had danced around the house singing dreamily as a kid. This is the second remount with a new script by Aaron Sorkin I've seen this year! I liked CAMELOT changes better than TO KILL a Mockingbird, but both work. I was fortunate to see the HAMILTON Disney princess, Phillipa Soo as Guenivere. Her voice is so much like Julie Andrews, it really took me down memory lane. 

 Made it safely back to the hotel only to get up and do it again on Sunday. This time, I took the TKTS route and stood in line for any available half price tix. I had hoped to see A DOLL'S HOUSE with Jessica Chastain ('cuz, you know, Ibsen), but no show because she was across country to give out best actor/actor awards that night at the Oscars. Second choice was LIFE OF PI for its puppetry and effects, but by the time I got up there, they only had restricted view. So I settled on CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF ( because, you know, Williams), but this time I was disappointed. Poorly directed and the actors didn't deliver. OH, well! It was interesting to see this off-Broadway show in a shared space with an old Episcopal Church that was still functioning in some other part of the building. I was going to go to an Oscars Watch Party in Queens, but chickened out and went back to the hotel to watch it in my room. (if anyone cares, I was pretty okay with the awardees overall-especially WOMEN TALKING as adapted screenplay) Good weekend- now another full week of workshops!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Presente"

The Other Side

Circles