Making connections

 Today was the official start of the CSW67 Forum, although I have been at it for a couple of days sith training. 

On the way, my first train was too full, so I had to make adjustments to my morning sessions. Waiting in line is a great way to meet people! Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, New Zealand, and Myanmar! TIn MaMa was wearing Beautiful traditional garb







from her native Myanmar. I sat with her and some friends for the opening session with the Secretary General and other UN dignitaries  addressing us. Held annually, this hybrid meeting is amassed g all records with Over 11,000 registered. 

Seminars are fascinating and hard to choose from but I’m taking a stab at it. I learned about the International Women’s Peace Group; I listened to women who are advocating for a chance to have leadership roles in the Catholic Church, I met the Co-Chair of the CSW67 at the conclusion of her panel on technological changes in refugees seeking asylum . She and I exchanged information with plans to speak further in preparation for the PW USA mission trip at the border this fall. Two other workshops on my list I will be able to watch as they were streamed! Isn’t technology great?

I’m tired, but it’s a good tired! More tomorrow!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Presente"

The Other Side

Circles